Re: Pingback

From: Stuart Langridge (aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 16:24:14 BST

Aquarion spoo'd forth:

> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 02:05:11PM +0100, Stuart Langridge wrote:
>>
>> Stuart Langridge spoo'd forth:
>> > 4. If it doesn't find one, or the response of the request doesn't seem
>> > to support it, then die (see note 1 below).
>>
>> The way I implemented this is to reject all "referring" urls that do
>> not have one of the following content-types (from the HTTP headers);
>> text/xml, text/xhtml+xml, text/html
>>
>> Should there be any others in this list?
>
> shockwave? :-)

Nah mate ;)

> Check on text/*?

Hm. Could do that. Are there any flaws with doing that? I'd much rather
that stuff was a proper HTML content-type, because then it's more
comfortable for me to make the assumption that it *is* HTML and I can
therefore blithely parse a title out of it :)

(Memo to self: check what happens if someone tries a titleless page)

> Oh, and beware compressed pages.

Yeah. Hm. I hadn't thought of that. Then again, are there servers that
serve pages with Content-Encoding: gzip whether you ask for it or not?
I thought you had to request it in your request, since you can't expect
that J. Random Browser will support it...?

sil

--
AFE dg++>+ ka+++>++ d+++ m+++>++ ot++ b++ tq- i!
c- l++ afec++ a? f+>- fsN