Re: Pingback spec: first draft

From: Simon Willison (simon@incutio.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 21:13:23 BST

At 17:30 03/09/2002 +0100, Stuart Langridge wrote:

>All,
>
>Let me know what you think of
>http://www.kryogenix.org/writings/tech/pingback as a spec.
>
>Should there be a "how to enable Pingback on my blog" bit, specifically
>telling users that they need to add the LINK tag?

I think that should go under a "server discovery" section. The spec's
looking great so far - my only reservation is that the all important
XML-RPC method is a bit hidden away. The pingback.ping(pageLinkedFrom,
pageLinkedTo) bit could probably do with being made a bit more prominent.

Cheers,

Simon

--
Web Developer, www.incutio.com