Re: [blogite] PingBack description files

From: Simon Willison (simon@incutio.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 18:23:30 BST

At 18:18 07/09/2002 +0000, Jim Dabell wrote:
>That's another approach, definitely. I suspect it will lead to lots of
>nested elements in practice though, and perhaps the simplest method is the
>best here.

I'd be surprised if the number of nested elements ever became a problem in
reality. I can't see us coming up with more than 4 or 5 PingBack methods at
the most, and most PingBack files will never get more complicated than
"email me if you can't ping me". Complexity could be an issue though
(especially with namespaces). Whatever happens, I will be more than happy
to put together a nice friendly pingback-file-generating Wizzard for the
PingBack site to help people generate their own files so having a slightly
more complex file format shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Cheers,

Simon

--
Web Developer, www.incutio.com