Re: [blogite] Before we update the spec...

From: Simon Willison (simon@incutio.com)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 01:51:54 BST

At 00:39 08/09/2002 +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
>There is no way a centralised server for pingback can scale. Just look at
>how weblogs.com is doing. And they only have to worry about a single ping
>per post.
>
>Anyway, decentralised systems are always more robust than centralised
>ones, for things like this especially.

I'm guessing you're catching up on the day's discussion :) To cut a long
story short, I lost interest in the centralised server idea completely and
found a new way to over-complicate things instead (pointing the <link> tag
to an XML file describing various different pingback methods).

The proxy thing is a very cool idea :)

Cheers,

Simon

--