Re: [blogite] PingBack description files

From: mort (manuel@netbustion.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 19:05:00 BST

On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 19:44, Aquarion wrote:

> My main problem with it would be that it appears to change the
> implementation of pingback from one single <link> to a forty page XML
> file, with excess detail on everything. The whole point of the original
> spec was that all the client had to do was send off a single RPC-XML
> request saying it was linked to. This is quick, this is efficent, this
> is /easy/.

The RSS wars all over again! :-)

I agree with you, but i still like the other features.

Maybe a level system? Level 0 would be the "one line pingback". Level 1
could add some more features,etc... Each level should be compatible with
lowest levels

Then Blogger could comply with level 0, Epistula with level 1,etc...

Archives: http://www.aquarionics.com/misc/archives/blogite/