Re: [blogite] PingBack description files

From: Stuart Langridge (aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 04:05:46 BST

Simon Willison spoo'd forth:
> The point is that XML-RPC is actually a pretty tricky standard to
> implement. It's a great standard and I can see if being the most popular
> TrackBack method, but the query string method is much easier for
> programmersto implement (especially non-XML geeks ;) ).

I agree completely. However, there are loads and loads and loads of
XML-RPC implementations for practically every language going, and
there's pretty darn near all open source of some description. It is
difficult to implement XML-RPC yourself (although at least two people
on this list have done it; Simon in PHP, and me in ASP, and if I can do
it it can't be that hard :)). It is pretty easy to just include someone
else's library.

sil

--
Your whole life flashed before your eyes? Cup of tea, cup of tea,
almost got shagged, cup of tea...