Re: Interesting page headers (Was: [blogite] Before we update the spec...)

From: Ian Hickson (ian@hixie.ch)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 01:17:20 BST

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Aquarion wrote:

> > And ironically no X-Pingback HTTP header! What's this then. :-P
>
> Me, disagreeing with the X-Pingback idea, as noted elsewhere :-)

Must've missed that, or confused it with the comments from someone else.
How do you propose handling pingback on, e.g., text/plain documents?

All of my domains are currently pingback enabled, using one line in one
.htaccess file. I can't see a simpler way.

> > * you provide metadata but do not include a profile
> This I don't understand

>From HTML4:

# This specification does not define a set of legal meta data
# properties. The meaning of a property and the set of legal values for
# that property should be defined in a reference lexicon called a profile.
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/global.html#h-7.4.4

> > * You use "bookmark" link types, but they point outside the "extended
> > document" in question, which is invalid per HTML 4.01.
>
> Not anywhere within it that I can find. Query?

Well, for instance:

   <LINK rel="bookmark" title="diveintomark" href="http://diveintomark.org/">LF

...is not a bookmark into your site (the "extended document").