Re: [blogite] PingBack Syndication

From: mort (manuel@netbustion.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 18:03:33 BST

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 18:24, Simon Willison wrote:

> What do people think?

Well I love this "Pingback +" idea - the possibilities are amazing :-)

First thougth, Blogdex to the nth power!

Some ideas:

a) Recording the timestamp of the posts/pingbacks to allow for time
tracking of the discussion

b) Some kind of system for "parenthood" tracking of pinback. I'm
thinking of something like an Erdös number
http://www.oakland.edu/~grossman/readme.html for each post. This would
allow some incredible cool maps (SVG?) and stuff, but i have to
ellaborate in the idea.

One more thing, i've just learned about burningbird's Threadneedle
project http://www.quicktopic.com/14/H/P96CAYje2yc and the BlogMD
initiative, but still could't research neither properly and don't know
how they relate to this. Anyone with more info? The Thredneedle info
seems scarce...

Archives: http://www.aquarionics.com/misc/archives/blogite/