Re[2]: Interesting page headers (Was: [blogite] Before we update thespec...)

From: gilmae vski (gilmaevski@mail.ru)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 03:40:30 BST

I'm not sure how aural browsers work, simply for lack of experience, but i do
remember mark Pilgrim saying that they will read out certain <link> tags, such
as Next and Previous. I imagine they don't read out <link>s to style sheets. My
question is, do they read out <link>s it recognises as worthy of attention,
that is navigation <link>s or does it simply read out all <link>s it doesn't
recognise as worthy of being hidden (e.g. css links). My initial thought is the
later, but that is a thought tainted by the fact that i know i can do a <link>
with practically any "rel" value i want and Mozilla will find a place for it in
the site navigation bar.

The point being, do we want to bother the visually impaired with this pingback
link? if it *would* get read out, then perhaps X-Pingback is the better choice.

Just another thought worth considering in this little back and forth.

g.

Archives: http://www.aquarionics.com/misc/archives/blogite/