Re: [blogite] Beyond pingback: Topic channels

From: Stuart Langridge (aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 11:47:51 BST

Ian Hickson spoo'd forth:

> Could we do something along the lines of:
>
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0100190/2002/09/18.html#a235
>
> ...?
>
> It would need to be decentralised, ideally. If the target resource is
> pingback-enabled (using X-Pingback, for instance, as some of my documents
> are) then we could do this using pingback.getPingbacks(), but I imagine
> most sites are not going to get that kind of support, so in the meantime,
> maybe we need another idea.

I can see how pingbacks would be a neat way of solving this. In the
absence of that, surely all you can do is follow all remote links on a
page and draw a link graph? I'm convinced that there must be software
out there to do this. Am I missing the point here?

sil

--
Soon -- as it measured time -- it would have work to do once again.
Thousands upon thousands of worlds.