[blogite] Trackback/Pingback proxies

From: Ian Hickson (ian@hixie.ch)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 19:34:44 BST

I was writing a long reply to the feedback we've received on Pingback 1.0
when I realised that I needed to understand trackback a little better, so
I implemented two new proxies:

   trackback-to-pingback
   pingback-to-trackback

One is a trackback server which turns the pings into pingback requests and
forwards them, the other is a pingback server that forwards pings to a
trackback server.

See http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/cgi/pingback-proxy/ for more
details, including plenty of documentation.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who uses these proxies, because I
have not been able to test them with real trackback systems, so I don't
know if they really work.

Cheers,