Re: [blogite] Pingback considered harmful?

From: Paul Freeman (pfreeman@dellah.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 10:20:56 BST

Stuart wrote:

> I don't understand this. There's nothing stopping a blogger, if they're
> longing for "human talkback", to continue to use whatever methods they
> use *now* to discover who's offering useful commentary on their posts,
> and just installing an automated "show *everyone* talking about this
> post" system (whether pingback, trackback, whatever) for other people
> to follow and look at the *whole* of a conversation. Personally, I love
> this whole automatic thing; blogs notifying other blogs of links,
> changes, whatever, RSS automatically being read into aggregators, etc,
> etc. But if you don't like it, it doesn't have to affect you if it
> still goes on; it's a thing over and above the more "primitive"
> (although for some people more satisfying) non-automatic methods.

There is nothing to stop someone who has an automattically created
list of links (provided by pingback) to manually sift through them and
publish what he believes are the "wheat".

However, this isn't about pingback, but a client implementation issue?

Sarabian

Archives: http://www.aquarionics.com/misc/archives/blogite/