Re: [blogite] Blogging project, request for comments

From: Phillip Pearson (pp@myelin.co.nz)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 09:36:55 BST

> 2) Requesting some 'subject keywords' from the teachers (+/-10), parsing
> the posts for those keywords and making them into links to other posts
> than share that word. For example, turning every appearance of "Freud"
> into a link to a search result page for "Freud" in all the courses'
> posts.
>
> 4) The whole autoback issue should fit in, still don't know exactly how

Have you considered using something like a Wiki?

        http://c2.com/cgi/wiki

They handle the subject-based linking thing very nicely. Kind of an acquired taste though; I'm not sure how good they will be for lecture notes. It's easier to edit / consolidate entries in wikis than blogs, but harder to present news-like stuff.

Cheers,
Phil :)

my wiki, on weblog community servers
        --> http://www.myelin.co.nz/cgi-bin/wcswiki.pl