Re: [blogite] Pingback considered harmful?

From: mort (manuel@netbustion.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 18:22:35 BST

El jue, 26-09-2002 a las 18:53, Ian Hickson escribió:

> Could someone explain the issue here using a simple sentence? I really
> don't get it. I've read all the posts I could find on it but I had no clue
> what they meant. :-|

This pretty much sums it up:

"I don't have a "discuss" link on this blog for a reason: I think that
it's a Good Thing that this blog medium is different than a traditional
electronic discussion medium - relying on human mechanisms to "spread
the word" about interesting referrals, rather than technical
mechanisms.(...) But for organizing discussion .. I'm thinking right now
that I'd prefer to stick with human talkback rather than automated
pingback."

Ray Ozzie - http://www.ozzie.net/blog/2002/09/25.html#a65

So, if i'm getting it right (i may not) somehow it's better to learn
some one has linked to you from a friend's email or phone call than from
pingback. Go figure. I wonder if they feel Google is too "automated" and
prefer random surfing for research?

I'll be happy to know i'm missing some English language subtlety cos
otherwise it sounds plain dumb to me :-)

Archives: http://www.aquarionics.com/misc/archives/blogite/